Friday, June 15, 2007

Suva Fiji

June 16, 2007

So I slept pretty good, got up with the sunrise at 7:00. While at port two people sleep on deck like a watch, which seems cooler than down below...I might try that out soon. This morning after breakfast at 8:30 (everything is timed) we had acting class at 9:00. There are a few characters on the boat for sure! Acting class is a hippy mix between pilates, yoga, and reiki I take it. It lasted for a good hour and a half and I was beat! You want to move your body in all weird ways and stretch everything including your voice. Pretty interesting no doubt. I did okay. The guy in charge of the class kept pushing me along with the other newbies to stretch more. I just had to laugh....it was too funny. Today me and a few girls are headed to town in the afternoon to get some fruits and veggies in the market for the ship, send some emails, and exchange some money. Then we'll come back to the ship and get ready to go back in to check out the nightlife with a lot of the people on the boat. The last pickup is at 3:00 so it should be a fun night. I'll let you know how it goes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tanya,
You are not terribly far from where one of my co-workers will be taking a new job in a couple months. She and her family are moving to Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands which is at least on the same side of the world as you if not as close as it appears on the map. Glad to hear that you arrived there safely despite the travel troubles. Good luck settling in and getting acclimated to your new home. I'm sure it will be quite the adventure...
Matt