Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Not the perfect start...

So, I'm trying out this blog thing...hope it works out okay and you guys can keep up with how I'm doing on the other side of the world! I'll try to put in pics when I can, but they might take a while to upload. My email is waves1646@aol.com and I'm sure my mom will be sending out pics I send to her.

Well my travels started yesterday with bad weather at the Orlando airport. We couldn't leave for 2 hours after our scheduled departure time. I got into LA airport to change planes from Delta to New Zealand in 45 min (having to take a bus outside the airport to a different terminal) and when I got to the new terminal there just wasn't enough time, and the Air New Zealand desk was closed! I felt so screwed! I frantically booked another flight for 2 days later (the next available) and Delta put me up in a hotel for the night. I got my luggage the next morning (thank god) and I'm staying with some cousins near Laguna Beach about an hour north of LA. I get to do round 2 with that freakin LAX airport confusioness tonight and I'm on my way to Fiji for 10 hours. The people on the boat know I'm arriving later than expected. I'll be getting there on Friday instead of Wednesday (from the time change). More to come...it's been an adventure and I haven't even got there yet!

1 comment:

The Roth Family said...

It was a pleasure to have you here with us for a couple of days....
Art & Marisa